Isle of Man Netball is committed to ensuring that personal information is held fairly, lawfully and securely in accordance with data protection laws.
This policy covers the different elements of personal information we collect from you, what we do with the information, how long we will hold it, what we won’t do with the information, as well as what rights you have.
It does not cover information that we collect about paid employees and consultants.
Introduction to Data Protection
We have an obligation under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament – the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) to provide you with information about how and why we use your data. Royal Assent for the Data Protection Bill was received at the May sitting of Tynwald and the new Data Protection Act 2018 has been in force since 16 May 2018, together with the Data Protection (Application of GDPR) Order 2018 and the Data Protection (Application of LED) Order 2018. These Orders apply both the GDPR and the LED into Manx domestic law,
but will require to be implemented by Manx regulations
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, it refers to the Manx Netball Association– more commonly known as MNA (We are the National body responsible for netball delivery in the Isle of Man and also Isle of Man Netball. The Netball development Officer can be contacted at MSR Offices, National Sports Centre, Groves Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 1RB
The MNA is the controller of all personal data processed by Isle of Man Netball and the Association.
Data Protection Officer
The MNA does not have a Data Protection Officer. However, for information and queries about data protection compliance, email: [email protected] telephone 07624 308893.
This policy was last updated on: 21/11/2019
What is personal data?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to a living individual (‘data subject’) who can be identified, directly or indirectly by the information.
The types of personal data we may collect
The data we collect about you will vary, depending on our relationship with you. Below are examples of the sorts of data that we may collect:
• Full name and personal details (e.g. photograph, driving licence, passport number)
• Contact information (e.g. home address, email address, telephone numbers)
• Date of birth and/or age
• Special categories of data such as medical history
• Education details
• Next of kin and emergency contact information
• Imagery in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings
• Criminal convictions and offences
• Records of participation at events/sessions/competition
• Records of spectator attendance at events or competitions hosted by Isle of Man Netball
• Records of enquiries and other correspondence with you
• Marketing email lists
• Suppliers, sponsors and client lists.
How we use your personal information
We collect, store and process personal data for several purposes, mainly:
• our membership, programme and course administration
• pathway, event and competition management
• financial accounting
• reporting of results which includes names in match reports from events held, including named PotM, which may be published on our social media platforms, on our website, passed to local and other press, including radio stations, for publication, and by the International Netball Federation or Netball Europe or IOM Sport
• Publication of team photographs, with names, via MNA website, social media platforms, or passed to local press and radio stations or to other press outlets or to the International Netball Federation or Netball Europe or IOM Sport
• to inform stakeholders (including, but not exclusively other MNA members, IOM Sport, Netball Europe, the International Netball Federation) of MNA activities and outcomes
We will not use any of the information that we collect from you, or about you, for any purpose other than those listed in this document or for purposes that are similar. If we would like to use your personal data in any other way, we will present you with relevant information at the point at which one of these additional purposes arises.
The GDPR provides that legally we might hold and process your information for any of the following four reasons and we have included below a summary of what that means for The Manx Netball Association and how we might use information you provide to us:
Where required to perform a CONTRACT. For example:
• To administer and manage our relationship with members (and clubs). For example, when given personal information either directly or via a Club Secretary during the membership process
• To send members information which is included within their membership benefits package
• To administer our relationship with people attending our programmes and to send them information about the programme
• To administer attendance on any programmes, competitions, events or training courses and to enable online assessment (where applicable)
• To fulfil our contractual relationship with clients, sponsors and suppliers.
Where required to comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS. For example:
• To comply with health and safety requirements. For example, to ensure the safe running of netball sessions and to enable adaptations as required
• To comply with safeguarding requirements. For example, working with children or vulnerable adults
• To ensure we are offering equitable access to our services to avoid discrimination
• For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities.
Where there is a LEGITIMATE INTEREST. For example:
• To correspond and to answer queries and complaints
• To arrange for any trips or transportation of officials, athletes or volunteers to events
• To ensure understanding of the coaching and officiating workforce available
• To conduct performance reviews, manage performance and determine performance requirements of our officials and coaches and to make decisions about progression and accreditation status
• To administer the relationship, we have with players on our performance pathway including to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements
• To comply with awarding bodies’ accreditation obligations
• To administer and monitor attendance at events and competitions
Where you have provided CONSENT. For example:
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes:
• Promoting the sport, events, opportunities, services and membership packages
• Promoting our sponsors or partners’ events or services
• Sending newsletters
• Organising and running fundraising events or end of season celebrations
Retaining your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time that we retain it is determined by a number of factors, including the purpose for which we use that information and to comply with our other legal obligations (apart from GDPR).
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. Where you have consented for us to retain your data, we will only hold the data for the duration of your consent.
Children’s data are collected and processed in accordance with the information below. Parents and guardians are expected to ensure that the children they are responsible for are aware of how their personal data will be processed by us.
On the Isle of Man, we require parental or guardian consent to process personal data of any child under the age of 14.
Using your information for marketing
We only send marketing information to you if you have explicitly agreed to our doing so or have requested it and we will only do so in the way(s) you have agreed to. You can withdraw consent at any time.
See below for more information.
Marketing information covers information about tickets to events, special offers, opportunities, products and services and other commercial information.
In connection with information about tickets, special offers, opportunities, products and services and other commercial information, the categories have been divided into two groups:
• From the Manx Netball Association (MNA)/Isle of Man Netball
• from MNA/Isle of Man Netball about its sponsors and partners
If you want to receive information from either of these two groups but haven’t yet requested it, you can do so by emailing; [email protected]
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting [email protected]
Sharing your personal data and data processing
We only share personal data where we are required by law or with our suppliers or sub-contractors who carry out work for us and who you have given us permission to share it with. Other than the circumstances set out above, information about you will not be passed to a third party for any other purposes. All our suppliers and sub-contractors are required by their own data sharing agreements or contracts to treat your data as carefully as we would, to use it only as instructed, and to allow us to check that they do this.
Organisations we share your personal data with:
• Netball Europe
• International Netball Federation
• Country Netball Associations
• Regional Netball Associations
• MNA Affiliated Netball Clubs
• IOM Netball National Squads
• Isle of Man press, including but not exclusively Isle of Man Newspapers, Manx Radio, 3fm and others, when reporting on league results and International competitions
• International press as requested, including but not exclusively Andy Lamb media, INF newsletter, NE news
• IOM Sport
• Companies, sub-contractors and other persons who help us to provide our programmes, products and services (e.g. National Sports Centre, where our programmes are run)
• Data processors: for example, education and training providers, professional services, legal, financial, merchandise and information technologies who help to improve our products or services
• Anyone else where we have your consent.
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are resident. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is used only in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable data protection laws and is respected and kept secure. Where a third party processes your data on our behalf we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection laws.
International organisations we work with:
Dropbox is a secure online file sharing and storage platform. It may store, process and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world. Information may also be stored locally on the devices used to access the Services. Dropbox complies with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield which is approved by the EU in relation to data protection practices. Their registration can be reviewed on the Privacy Shield website www.privacyshield.gov/list.
SurveyMonkey is used to facilitate the sending of surveys. SurveyMonkey subscribes to the EU-US Privacy Shield which is approved by the EU in relation to data protection practices. Their registration can be reviewed on the Privacy Shield website www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Eventbrite is used to facilitate event booking and ticketing. Eventbrite subscribes to the EU-US Privacy Shield which is approved by the EU in relation to data protection practices. Their registration can be reviewed on the Privacy Shield website www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Google Cloud Platform is used for Google Docs. Google Cloud Platform subscribes to the EU-US Privacy Shield which is approved by the EU in relation to data protection practices. Their registration can be reviewed on the Privacy Shield website www.privacyshield.gov/list.
GoMembership is used to facilitate the Membership of Clubs and Individuals to the Manx Netball Association. GoMembership is written and hosted by Azolve Limited.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our website, or a members area, it is your responsibility to safeguard your password against the possibility that others may use it to gain unauthorised access. Do not store your password anywhere, in written or electronic form, or give it to someone else. Please let [email protected] know if any record containing your password is lost or stolen or if you think there has been a possibility that your security has been breached.
More on Information Security
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not expect any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information with other organisations to use for their own purposes.
The GDPR grants you certain rights (‘information rights’) which we summarise below.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation from the MNA as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, you have the right to access that personal data.
Right to rectification
You have the right to oblige MNA to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed by providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
You have the right (under certain circumstances, but not all) to oblige MNA to erase personal data concerning you.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right (under certain circumstances, but not all) to oblige MNA to restrict processing of your personal data. For example, you may request this if you are contesting the accuracy of personal data held about you.
Right to data portability
You have the right (under certain circumstances, but not all) to oblige MNA to provide you with the personal data about you which you have provided to MNA in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to oblige MNA to transmit the data to another controller.
Right to withdraw consent
If the lawful basis for processing is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
Right to object to direct marketing
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
The MNA does not perform any automated decision-making based on personal data that produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you.